Tips for enjoying your best sober summer
Summer is the time to kick back and relax and enjoy the weather! It’s finally here and it’s time to start planning some activities. Staying sober in summer is key, so it’s important to have a list of sober summer activities that you can turn to at a moment’s notice. Here’s ours.
List of sober summer activities
- Get outside – If the weather is nice (fingers crossed it is), take the opportunity to get outside. Whether you want to go for a solo trip to the park or tour the city with your friends, there are plenty of outdoor activities to include in your sober living summer.
- Watch a movie – Whether you want to venture to the movie theaters or get comfortable on your couch with some Netflix, just don’t forget the popcorn!
- Be a tourist in your own city – Grab a pair of comfortable shoes and explore your city as if you’re a tourist or showing a friend around.
- Go to the beach – Who doesn’t love a day at the beach? Go swimming, catch some rays, and sit back and relax.
- Read a book or magazine – Visit your favorite bookstore or grab a classic favorite from your shelf and take some for yourself to read.
- Get some ice cream – Look for places in your area with great ratings that you might not have tried yet.
- Try a new workout – Join a new gym or bring the gym to you with new workouts that will be challenging and satisfying all at the same time.
- Enjoy live music – Grab a sober buddy and head out to a live music concert or festival and get ready to dance under the sun.
- Fire up the grill – Have yourself a barbecue whether it’s in your own backyard or at a local park. Call up some friends or family members and have everyone bring something. And don’t forget to bring some games too!
- Learn a new game – Have you always wanted to learn how to play chess? Buy a chess set, grab a couple of friends, and start learning.
- Play a new instrument – It’s never too late to learn how to play an instrument. If it’s piano, the trumpet, violin, anything – you can call up an instructor or teach yourself.
- Find a local farmer’s market – Summer is the time for fresh produce and farmer’s markets so see if there’s one in your area or explore one in a neighboring town.
- Have a picnic – Grab some chairs or blankets, some of your favorite foods, maybe some sparkling water, and enjoy a picnic at your local park or beach.
- Volunteer – With nicer weather, it’s easier to volunteer for outdoor causes. Play with some pups at the animal shelter, pick up trash on the beach or in your town, and plant some trees.
- Visit your local coffee shop – Enjoy a nice cup of coffee, tea, water, or whatever you prefer in a comfortable atmosphere loaded with plenty of people-watching opportunities.
These are just some favorite sober summer activities, but the possibilities are endless. Staying sober in the summer can be fun. You have the chance to try out new activities and revisit some old ones, but with a different perspective.
Sober Living Near Me
If you are looking for a sober living home to help you structure your sober summer days, you’ve found it with Dignity Hall. We’re here to help you live a sober life, 24-hours at a time. If you’re interested in learning if sober living is right for you, contact us today by calling 855.380.7560 .